Saturday, August 20, 2011

Inspired by....

I saw this awesome mani over at Dizzy Nails the other day and just had to try it... and then take it one step further. You should definitely head over to her page to check it out as her pictures are a million times better than mine.

I started with two coats of O.P.I's new Road House Blues (which is amazing BTW) from the Touring America collection. I need to learn to be more patient and take a picture of my base colors before I start adding to them, so no I do not have a picture of it by itself.  I then added a coat of O.P.I. I Lily Love You from this summers Nice Stems collection. So BEA-U-TIFUL!! You can see the amazing pictures on Dizzy Nails.

I then took it one step further and added Essies Matte About you.. Matte flakies? Yes, please!!!



The glossy nails look sooo dark, I really need to figure out a good way to photograph my manis. I am gonna bust out my DSLR and take that for a spin.. I just have to find the memory cards and readers.. I've just been using my iPhone camera, and while its convenient the quality is just not there. 

This picture was a day or two into the mani so there is some definite tip wear. 

This was my first time using the matte top coat and I loved it! I have heard stories of them chipping really bad or not lasting long, but I feel it lasted about as long as my regular manis. However, I usually only wear mine for a day or two at max. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time. 

2 comments: