Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Water Marbling Attempt

After seeing all of these amazing water marble manis all over the interwebs I decided to give it a whirl. Instead of trying to be too ambitious I was only going to do an accent nail on each hand. I gathered all of my supplies and started at it. My first attempt was a success! Could it be that easy?! Famous last words... In the end I have 1 accent nail, my first attempt at water marbling ever.

When I tried to do my right hand accent nail it was a complete fail. I think I redid it about 5 or 6 times and then just gave up. But I guess for a first try one decent nail isn't too bad. I really like the color combo. At first I was using more colors but they wouldn't spread. I also think that the heat may have been a factor in my fail as it has been sooooo hot!!!!! It seemed as if the polish dried instantly and I couldn't spread it around. Oh well, there is always next time. Does anyone else have a similar experience? Or any tips if you have been successful at it?

I used Essie- Trophy Wife for the full mani and then China Glaze- Liquid Leather and Senorita Bonita for the marble.

I found it really hard to capture the marble. Here are the best pictures I could get. 


1 comment:

  1. tips? be patient lol!! It took me what seemed like forever to do mine, I've only done it once, but I do plan on doing it again :P I really like those colors together too btw :)

    ReplyDelete